— C O S T & R E S E R V A T I O N —
The Magic of Myanmar
(Nov 5 - 15, 2019)
Off Beat Photography Workshops & Tours is totally committed to providing a professional photographic education and a culturally enriching tour that benefits both the traveller and the local people of the host country. The tourism we promote is designed to lessen the ecological impact on an environment and maximize sustainable human development and social equality within it.
Every tour fee is for direct costs, without a tour broker’s fee. All financial arrangements are personally transacted by us, ensuring that the fees you pay for a tour service goes directly to the people who provide that service. Since all tour arrangements are made through Mick’s personal contacts, there are no intermediary brokerage charges added to the tour cost. The Myanmar provider receives the full remuneration for the services they provide. Your cost for a tour service is exactly the cost for the provided services. The local people receive exactly the cost you are charged. It is this type of tourism model that we adhere to for two reasons: not only does it reduce the overall costs of the tour, but it also enhances the welfare of the local people and helps to protect their natural and cultural heritage.
To book your place, you are required to pay a reservation/deposit fee of $1,000 US, by credit card or Paypal. The tour fee balance is payable 60 days before the start of the tour (Day 1). If you want to sign up for a tour within 60 days of the departure day (Day 1), then the full amount will be due at that time.
MAIN TOUR — Nov 5 - 15 (11 DAYS) —
- $4,730 USD per person (price based on double occupancy);
- Single-room supplement: $510 USD
Optional EXTENSION — Nov 15 - 19 (4 DAYS) —
- $1,720 USD per person (price based on double occupancy);
- Single-room supplement: $185 USD
(Note: if you would like to share a room, we will make every effort to connect you with a roommate. However, if this is not possible, the single-room supplement will apply.)
Fees are payable in US dollars and will be automatically converted to your local currency by your credit card company or PayPal.
The tour requires a minimum of five (5) participants (a maximum of 7) to be signed up in order to go ahead. We will let you know immediately when the tour has received the minimum reservations. However, please make sure that the tour has reached the minimum number of participants before you purchase any flights that require cancellations fees.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- All hotel accommodation including breakfast;
- All modes of transportation such as:
- Air-conditioned car for all transfers & sightseeing programs;
- Private boats for Inle Lake sightseeing & transfers;
- All domestic flights using private airlines only (Air KBZ, Yangon Airways, Asian Wings, Air Mandalay, Air Bagan);
- Some meals as stated on the itinerary (Main Tour: 9 Lunches & 3 Dinners; Extension: 4 Lunches & 1 Dinner)
- English-speaking guide service;
- All entrance fees, excluding museum admission fees;
- Current Domestic Airline’s fuel surcharges;
- All Prevailing taxes
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- Any international flights to or from Myanmar;
- Other meals, alcoholic beverages or additional items ordered during the included meals;
- Any increases in domestic airline fuel surcharges with or without prior notice;
- Myanmar Visa, Insurance and services not mentioned herein.
If for some reason beyond your control you have to cancel a tour reservation, you will receive a refund according to the schedule below. If your place on the tour can be re-sold, then you can expect a full refund. However, since most people book their reservations several months in advance, cancelling your reservation near the departure date (Day 1) will make re-selling it very difficult. For this reason, we recommend that you get trip cancellation insurance (see Insurance below).
Reservation / Deposit Fee – If you have to cancel before 2 months (60 days) of when the tour begins, your reservation/deposit fee will be refunded. If you cancel within the 2-month period (60 days or less) before the start of the tour, we cannot refund your deposit. (See the schedule below for more specific details regarding a refund.)
Tour Fees / Balance – If you cancel your reservation the following charges will be payable:
- If you cancel more than 61 days before the start of the tour, your deposit/tour balance will be refunded in full (100%);
- From 60 to 31 days before the start of the tour, the cancellation fees are 25% of your paid balance (excluding the deposit); you will get 75% of your paid balance;
- From 30 to 8 days before the start of the tour, cancellation fees are 50% of your paid balance (excluding the deposit); you will get 50% of your paid balance;
- From 7 days to 72 hours before the start of the tour, cancellation fees are 75% of your paid balance (excluding the deposit); you will get 25% of your paid balance.
If you cancel less than 72 hours before the start of the tour, you will not receive a refund.
Notes on Cancellation Fees and Notification Timing
- Any transfer charges and transaction fees incurred on accepting and/or refunding any payments will be deducted from any refund amounts due;
- The number of days to tour start are calculated from 9am Japan Standard Time (JST). Email received after 6pm JST on the previous day will be calculated from 9am JST the following day.
Travel Insurance — If you fall sick or have an accident during the course of the trip, you will miss part of your tour, and possibly incur hospital fees and other expenses that can mount up. We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance for yourself for the entire length of the trip in advance of departure. (Try Squaremouth.com for comparing prices.)
Cancellation Insurance — This is often included in your Travel Insurance, but if for any reason you have to cancel your tour, cancellation insurance can help you recover your costs. Note that travel and cancellation insurance usually has to be bought within 10 days of booking the tour or less. Please check on this as soon as you book.
Camera Equipment Insurance — We also suggest that you insure your photography equipment and belongings if not included in your home or travel insurance. If you already have your gear insured, double check that you are also covered for international travel.
If you are interested in coming along, but want more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you in Nepal, for this unique cultural photography tour!