DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
To book your place, you are required to pay a reservation/deposit fee of $1,000 US, by credit card or Paypal. The tour fee balance is payable 60 days before the start of the tour (Day 1). If you want to sign up for a tour within 60 days of the departure day (Day 1), then the full amount will be due at that time.
Fees are payable in US dollars and will be automatically converted to your local currency by your credit card company or PayPal.
The tour requires a minimum of five (5) participants (a maximum of 7) to be signed up in order to go ahead. We will let you know immediately when the tour has received the minimum reservations. However, please make sure that the tour has reached the minimum number of participants before you purchase any flights that require cancellations fees.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- All accommodation including breakfast;
- All modes of transportation such as:
- Overland transport — Car/Coach for all transfers & sightseeing programs
- All private boats for sightseeing and transfers (if applicable to the tour)
- All domestic flights using private airlines only (if applicable to the tour)
- Some Meals as stated in the tour's itinerary;
- English-speaking cultural guide, providing historical background information, enabling Mick to give full attention to the photographical needs and queries of the group;
- All entrance fees, excluding museum admission fees (unless stated otherwise in the tour's itinerary);
- Current Domestic Airline fuel surcharges;
- All prevailing taxes.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- Other meals (not noted in the tour's Itinerary);
- Beverages or additional items ordered during meals;
- Any international flights or travel costs to the meeting points at the tour location or back home after the tour;
- Hotels while traveling prior to or following the tour;
- Any increases in domestic airline fuel surcharges with or without prior notice;
- Visa, Insurance and services not mentioned herein.
If for some reason beyond your control you have to cancel a tour reservation, you will receive a refund according to the schedule below. If your place on the tour can be re-sold, then you can expect a full refund. However, since most people book their reservations several months in advance, cancelling your reservation near the departure date (Day 1) will make re-selling it very difficult. For this reason, we recommend that you get trip cancellation insurance (see Insurance below).
Reservation / Deposit Fee – If you have to cancel before 2 months (60 days) of when the tour begins, your reservation/deposit fee will be refunded. If you cancel within the 2-month period (60 days or less) before the start of the tour, we cannot refund your deposit. (See the schedule below for more specific details regarding a refund.)
Tour Fees / Balance – If you cancel your reservation the following charges will be payable:
- If you cancel more than 61 days before the start of the tour, your deposit/tour balance will be refunded in full (100%);
- From 60 to 31 days before the start of the tour, the cancellation fees are 25% of your paid balance (excluding the deposit); you will get 75% of your paid balance;
- From 30 to 8 days before the start of the tour, cancellation fees are 50% of your paid balance (excluding the deposit); you will get 50% of your paid balance;
- From 7 days to 72 hours before the start of the tour, cancellation fees are 75% of your paid balance (excluding the deposit); you will get 25% of your paid balance.
If you cancel less than 72 hours before the start of the tour, you will not receive a refund.
Notes on Cancellation Fees and Notification Timing
- Any transfer charges and transaction fees incurred on accepting and/or refunding any payments will be deducted from any refund amounts due;
- The number of days to tour start are calculated from 9am Japan Standard Time (JST). Email received after 6pm JST on the previous day will be calculated from 9am JST the following day.
Off Beat Photography Workshops & Tours and their agents act only in the capacity as agents in all matters pertaining to hotel accommodations, sightseeing tours, and transportation, and are not responsible for any loss, damage, theft, or injury to person or property resulting from a defect in any vehicle, or the actions of any persons who provide services for this tour or for the action or inaction of any third party. Baggage is at the owner’s risk entirely. The tour operator reserves the right to withdraw the tour at any time, to decline any person as a member of the tour for any cause at any time. All prices are based on current rates of exchange and, while every effort will be made to hold them firm, they are subject to change. All participants are required to submit a signed Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability form prior to the tour’s departure.
It is the responsibility of each tour member to inform the tour operator of any possible health problems or handicaps upon registration. By forwarding a signed reservation form and trip deposit, you certify that you do not knowingly have any physical or other conditions of disability that would create a risk for you or other trip participants. Once a trip has been confirmed, medical circumstances will not be considered as exceptions to our cancellation policy. We assume no responsibility for medical care or for special dietary requirements.
Travel Insurance — If you fall sick or have an accident during the course of the trip, you will miss part of your tour, and possibly incur hospital fees and other expenses that can mount up. We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance for yourself for the entire length of the trip in advance of departure. (Try Squaremouth.com for comparing prices.)
Cancellation Insurance — This is often included in your Travel Insurance, but if for any reason you have to cancel your tour, cancellation insurance can help you recover your costs. Note that travel and cancellation insurance usually has to be bought within 10 days of booking the tour or less. Please check on this as soon as you book.
Camera Equipment Insurance — We also suggest that you insure your photography equipment and belongings if not included in your home or travel insurance. If you already have your gear insured, double check that you are also covered for international travel.